Open Circuit is the organization that is putting together Drupal Daze.
Open Circuit is a Twin Cities knowledge-sharing network working to demystify computers and information technology. We foster the free circulation of technical knowledge to help community organizations increase their organizing capacity and improve the common good.
Our organization's primary activities include:
- Networking via email lists, face-to-face gatherings, etc.
- Popular Education for members and non-members
- Consulting on a voluntary basis forcommunity/activist groups
- Documentation of member's projects for the education of the general public
- Projects undertaken by members who voluntarily choose to link their work to Open Circuit or request to use its resources
Membership in Open Circuit gives you access to a network of knowledgeable, creative people like yourself. As a member, you can configure your user profile on the site, view other users' profiles, and initiate projects with other members using Open Circuit email lists. You also may access the Job Board where you can find work and volunteer opportunities in the tech/social sector. In addition, members receieve a 50% discount on all Open Circuit events.
Since Open Circuit is a democratic association, members also have decision-making power over the direction of the organization at monthly general meetings.